Spring has MOST definitely sprung here in Michigan and with so have the flowers! I started the most adorable book series this week, a cozy mystery by Jess Dylan. It has the most amazing spring/summer vibes to it and it has made me crave fresh flowers and homemade lavender lemonade!
Death in Bloom ->
First up – THIS BOOK. I have read close to 50 cozy mysteries in the last 3 months, and this one might be my new favorite. It seriously checked all of my boxes! It has:
- GORGEOUS book cover
- Murder in the first chapter (HUGE plus – I hate waiting for the action to start…)
- Adorable flower shop
- GREAT audiobook narrator
- A puppy (I MEAN)
- Budding romance?!
- New friendship
- Southern Tennessee
I freaking loved the whole feel of this book! It’s a small town book with a small town cozy mystery and it was such a quick read!
Lavender Lemonade ->
Lavender Lemonade ALWAYS sounds good in the spring for me, and while I read this book I couldn’t help but crave it! It’s such a refreshing drink, and when you are reading a book about a flower shop during the spring, this is a must! I found this recipe online a few years back and while it doesn’t have exact measurements, I have found what I like best!
- Lemon Juice
- Dried Lavender
- Food Coloring (optional)
- Lemon slices and lavender (for garnish)
- Combine water and sugar to heat on the stove.
- Stir in the honey and lavender, and let the mixture steep (like tea).
- Strain the mixture to remove the dried lavender.
- Combine lavender mixture, lemon juice, and water in a pitcher to make the lemonade.
- (Optional) Add food coloring to make the color more vivid.
- Serve over ice and enjoy! Garnish with lemon slices and lavender.
So, if you are looking for a spring time read and a drink to pair with it, this is where it is at! I am such a cozy mystery nerd and this one is perfect in every way (and the audiobook is adorable). Pick this one up and enjoy your spring!